Picnic Shelters & Rentals

Shelter Reservation Information

Park shelter areas are available for family and group outings. Reservations for any shelter may be made online or in person at the Recreation Department (3805 S. Casper Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151). Phone reservations are not accepted!

How-To Guide for Online Picnic Shelter Reservation

Online Reservation Link

New Berlin resident requests for group picnic reservations are accepted online or in person starting the second Monday in January at the department office. Non-residents may reserve a site starting on the first Monday in March. Picnic sites will not be rented out for Malone Park from June 27 through July 8. This gives sufficient time for park crews to set up and tear down the annual Fourth of July festival.

Picnic Rates & Policies 2018

Pictures of Picnic Shelters

Picnic Kits

Picnic Kits containing a Softball, Bat, Bases, Basketball, Volleyball, Net, Football, and Frisbee are available for a $15 fee.

There is no refund for Kits that are not picked up.

Instructions for Pick-up and Returning Picnic Kits:

When picking up or returning Picnic Kits, please enter the "Employee Parking Lot" behind City Hall (3805 S. Casper Drive). Drive up to the first set of glass doors (where the Park & Rec. Drop Box is located). Ring the Doorbell/Intercom and a staff member will assist you.

Pick-up and Drop Off are as follows:  (8:00 AM - 4:30 PM)

Weekend Picnics - Pick-up Kit on Thursday/Friday & Return on Monday.

Mid-Week Picnics - Pick-up Kit one day prior to/or the day of picnic & Return by day after picnic.


City Ordinance 168 establishes park use rules and regulations governing parks and parkways under the jurisdiction of the New Berlin Parks, Buildings and Grounds Commission, including prohibition of horses, golfing, and the operation of any motorized vehicles except in designated posted areas. Dogs are allowed in the parks but must be on a leash and are not allowed on athletic fields or in spectator areas. Glass beverage containers are prohibited in all public parks, and use of alcoholic beverages requires a park permit.