The New Berlin Municipal Court HEREBY ORDERS:
- Effective March 24, 2020, all traffic, ordinance, and juvenile intake court dates are suspended. Any previously filed citations will be adjourned to a date and time beyond June 1, 2020.
- There shall be no trials or pre-trials held in person until further notice. All pre-trials must be handled by phone or email with the City Prosecutor.
- If it is your intent to enter a plea of “Not Guilty,” you may enter your plea in writing by mail or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.* To avoid a personal appearance due to the Covid-19 virus, you may discuss your case by phone and/or email with the City Prosecutor once you have received your pretrial notice.
*Please provide your current contact information, including email, with your plea.
- Payments may be made in person. Payments are accepted by:
- U.S. mail
- at the New Berlin Municipal Court window during office hours
- paying online or over the phone at www.govpaynow.com or 1-888-604-7888 using Pay Location Code 5217
- using the "Fines Only" drop box located at the end of the walkway facing the west parking lot
- Once court has resumed, the New Berlin Municipal Court will be following the procedures:
- All persons present in the municipal courtroom will be required to wear a face covering. The court will NOT be providing masks for defendants.
- Social distancing and the number of individuals allowed in the courtroom will be maintained.
- Answer screening questions:
- Does anyone at your jobsite/residence have a fever of greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit chills, persistent cough or difficulty breathing?
- Have you traveled outside the United States within the past 14 days?
- Has anyone at your jobsite/residence been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID 19?
- If you have answered "yes" to any of these questions, you will be refused admittance and asked to contact the court with 24 hours at 262-780-8154 to discuss your case.
- Bringing your own pen is encouraged.
- Defendants will check in at the municipal court window and will be heard in the order they checked in
- Defendants will be asked to provide cell phone numbers at check in and are advised to wait outside or in their vehicle until they are called to appear in the courtroom.
The vision of the City of New Berlin Municipal Court is that all participants in our court process, together with the community at large, will appreciate that this court impartially adjudicates ordinance violation cases consistently, such that the legal rights of individuals are safeguarded and the public interests of the residents of the City of New Berlin are protected.
Pursuant to Wisconsin statutes, the Municipal Court deals exclusively with non-criminal cases involving city ordinance violations in the form of traffic citations, Municipal Code violations, and parking tickets. Offenses brought before our court are violations that occur within the city limits.
From Interstate 94 - Exit Moorland Road (south exit) and head south to the intersection of Moorland Road and National Avenue (3.5 miles). Turn right onto National Avenue, heading west for half a mile. The Safety Building will be on your right.
From Interstate 43 - Exit on Moorland Road and head north to the intersection of Moorland Road and National Avenue (1.5 miles). Turn left onto National Avenue, heading west for half a mile. The Safety Building will be on your right.