Please contact the Digger's Hotline at 800-242-8511 or 8-1-1 at least three days before you dig.
Utility Locations and Coordination Council Uniform Color Code
- Blue - Water, irrigation, and slurry lines
- Green - Sewers and drain lines
- Orange - Communication, cable television, alarm or signal lines, cables, or conduits
- Pink - Temporary survey markings
- Red - Electric and power lines, cables, conduits and lighting cables
- White - Proposed excavation
- Yellow - Gas, oil, steam, petroleum, or gaseous materials
Anyone considering an excavation must call the area hotline. In the event you, as a property owner, call the Digger's Hotline, the utility / contractor must mark your property with flags or painted surfaces. If you recognize flags or painted markings in your yard and are not certain why they are there, call the utility office at 262-786-7086 with your questions. If the department is not responsible for flagging this location, we will attempt to help you determine who called in the locate.