Designated November 19, 1991
This Cream City house, circa 1840, was built by Quincy Church. It probably replaced the log cabin that once faced onto the Old Mukwonago Road (National Avenue) in pioneer times. John Lindsey once owned the farmstead.
One of the Freewill Baptist Church Congregation’s eldest members was Abram Vanderpool who married Miss Rebecca Martin in front of the double-faced fireplace in the old cabin. The Martin farm stretched between what is now National Avenue and Barton Road. Rebecca’s sister married Mr. Murphy who took ownership of the farm. Their sons, Guy and Daniel operated a creamery for the Prospect Hill neighborhood. Before they bought the old Hill School building in 1913, they operated from this house. The Murphys moved the schoolhouse down the road with steam engine and rollers.